Netherlands: Vaccination Certificate Validity Changed

Last Updated on February 23, 2023

Key Points

  • Reduced validity period of the EU COVID-19 vaccination certificate 


Beginning 8 Feb. 2022, the government of the Netherlands will reduce the validity period of the European Union (EU) COVID-19 vaccination certificate from 12 months to nine months (270 days). After nine months, EU vaccination certificate holders will be required to obtain a booster dose for the coronavirus entry pass (CTB) to remain valid for travel to the Netherlands.  

The government reduced the validity period of the CTB to nine months with the aim of aligning with European Commission recommendations. The CTB is required for use when entering certain businesses or hosting events in the Netherlands.  

What are the Changes

The government of the Netherland’s announced that it will reduce the validity period of the EU COVID-19 vaccination certificate for travel to the Netherlands in order to better align the requirements with recommendations from the European Commission on the validity period of the EU COVID-19 vaccination certificate.  

Looking Ahead  

The government of the Netherlands has yet to determine a validity period for the CTB for individuals who have received a booster dose. Continue to check the government of the Netherland’s website and Envoy’s website for the latest updates and information.  

This article was published on 8 Feb. 2022 and may not be the most recent update concerning COVID-19 entrance restrictions, testing requirements and quarantine measurers. For the most recent updates be sure to check our Global Mobility Resource Center. 

Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.