Sales: 312-922-9035
Sales: 312-922-9035

Ireland: Updated International Travel Requirements

Last Updated on February 23, 2023

Key Points  

  • All travelers required to present proof of a negative COVID-19 test 


The government of Ireland will require all inbound travelers to present proof of a negative COVID-19 test result beginning 5 Dec. 2021. Fully vaccinated inbound travelers or those who have recovered from COVID-19 can provide a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival or a negative antigen test result taken within 48 hours of arrival. Only approved EU rapid antigen tests will be accepted for rapid test results.  

Unvaccinated travelers will only be permitted to entering Ireland after presenting a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours of arrival. Rapid antigen tests will not be accepted from unvaccinated travelers. Proof of a negative COVID-19 test result will also be required pre-departure.  

Travelers who cannot present proof of a negative COVID-19 test result will be required to: 

  • Undergo a home quarantine; 
  • Take a PCR test within 36 hours of arrival; 
  • If a negative result is received, the traveler is permitted to finish the home quarantine period; 
  • If a positive result is received, the traveler will be required to remain in home quarantine for 10 days from the date of arrival  

For additional information click here. 

What are the Changes? 

The government of Ireland will require all inbound travelers to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test beginning 5 Dec. 2021. Testing requirements will vary based on COVID-19 history and vaccination status.  

Looking Ahead 

Continue to check the government of Ireland’s website and Envoy’s website for additional information and updates.  

Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.  

Skip to content