[Updated] Malaysia: Digital Multiple Entry Visa (MEV) Application Option  

Last Updated on March 30, 2023

This article was originally published on 8 February 2023 and was updated on 28 March 2023 to reflect the latest information.  

28 March 2023 Update: The government of Malaysia will extend eVisa options and the use of the MYVisa system to all nationalities that require a visa in order to enter Malaysia.  

eVisas can be obtained as a Single-Entry Visa (SEV) or a Multiple Entry Visa (MEV). For additional information on the application process, check here.  

Key Points

  • Malaysia has introduced a digital option for foreign nationals to apply for a Multiple Entry Visa (MEV) for business, tourism and medical purposes


The government of Malaysia introduced a digital option for foreign nationals to apply for a Multiple Entry Visa (MEV). Through the online service, applicants can apply for a MEV for business, tourism and medical purposes.

eVisa MEV services will not be available to foreign nationals who seek entry into Malaysia for the purpose of receiving endorsement on a Long-Term employment pass type.

To qualify, applicants must provide proof of a letter of invitation issued by a local entity that will sponsor the employee’s travel. For further information on qualification requirements and the application process, check here.

What are the Changes?

On 20 January 2023, the government of Malaysia launched a digital service for the issuance of a MEV for all foreign nationals that require a visa to enter Malaysia for the purposes of business, tourism or medical treatment.

Looking Ahead

Continue to check the government of Malaysia’s website and Envoy’s website for the latest updates and information.

Subscribe to Envoy's Global Blog Digest

Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.