- Businesses with 10 or more people will be required to scan QR codes for holders of the European Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Certificates
The government of Cyprus announced that businesses with more than 10 employees will be required to check European Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Certificates using the CovScan Cyprus application beginning 22 Nov. 2021. For installation instructions click here. The following citizens will be excluded from the digital QR check:
- Individuals under the age of 18 and individuals older than the age of 65;
- Turkish Cypriot citizens vaccinated in areas of Cyprus where government control is limited;
- Tourists or persons not permanently residing in Cyprus, who have been vaccinated in a country outside of the EU, EEA and Switzerland;
- Permanent and legal residents of Cyprus who have been vaccinated in a country outside of the EU, EEA and Switzerland
The above-mentioned persons must instead present a printed or digital vaccination card, a COVID-19 recovery certificate or a negative PCR test or antigen test result.
What are the Changes?
The government of Cyprus will require businesses with more than 10 people present to scan the QR codes for holders of the European Digital COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate starting 22 Nov. 2021.
Continue to check the government of Cyprus' website and Envoy’s website for additional updates and information.
Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.