United Arab Emirates: Re-Entry Permit Service for Residents with Canceled Residency

Last Updated on February 26, 2023

Key Points  

  • The UAE has launched a new service for residents with cancelled residency who left the country for study, work, or medical reasons for over 6 months 


The government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) launched a new service that will allow entry permit applications for residents who have stayed outside of the country for over six months. The service is open to holders of residence permits who remained outside of the country for study, work or medical purposes for a period of six months or more, resulting in the cancellation of the residence permit.  

To apply through the service, individuals will be required to submit a copy of their Emirates ID and a copy of the passport, along with written reasoning as to why the individual was delayed from entering the country.  

The service will be unavailable to holders of golden residence permits.  

What are the Changes? 

The UAE government has launched a new service for residents who have been outside the country for over six months and had their residency cancelled. The service is open to those who left for study, work or medical reasons and hold a cancelled residence permit. 

Looking Ahead  

Continue to check the government of the UAE’s website and Envoy’s website for the latest updates and information.  

Subscribe to Envoy's Global Blog Digest

Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.