Last Updated on February 23, 2023
Last week, the Cabinet of the United Arab Emirates approved plans for a five-year tourist visa that will be available to all nationalities. The visa will be valid for multiple entries and for stays of up to 90 days, which are extendable for an additional 90 days.
- The UAE has announced the approval of a five-year, multiple-entry tourist visa.
- Travelers under this visa will be able to visit and stay in the UAE for up to 90 days, which can be extended for an additional 90 days upon request.
- The visa will be available to foreign nationals of all nationalities.
- Fees and the date of implementation for this five-year tourist visa have not yet been announced.
- Travelers under this visa will not be able to participate in work activities.
What Are the Changes?
At present, travelers visiting the UAE under the current tourist visa are only allowed to stay for a maximum period of 90 days. This new tourist visa will be valid for five years and will allow visitors to stay in the country for up to 90 days, extendable by another 90 days with multiple entries within the five-year period.
The date for when interested travelers can apply for this visa has not been announced yet, nor have the associated fees. However, reports indicate that the terms and conditions for applying for this visa will be similar to the process of obtaining the current tourist visa. Employers and applicants should be advised that work activities will not be permitted while visiting the UAE under the tourist visa. The five-year tourist visa will be a welcomed change for workers in the UAE as it will allow their family members and friends to visit the country for greater amounts of time.
Content in this publication is not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an Envoy-affiliated attorney or another qualified professional.