The Netherlands increased monthly income requirements for foreign nationals holding certain work authorization types
On 1 January 2023, the government of the Netherlands introduced new income requirements for foreign nationals under various work authorization types. As a result, the following requirements will apply:
- Required gross salary per month without holiday allowance for residence and work permit holders: € 1,934.40
- Required gross salary per month without holiday allowance for resident and work permits for internships or trainees: € 1,934.40
- Required gross salary per month for highly skilled migrants 30 years or older: € 5,008.00
- Required gross salary per month for highly skilled migrants younger than 30: € 3,672.00
- Required gross salary per month for EU Blue Card holders: € 5,867.00
For additional information and salary changes for other short-term worker types, residence permits and other immigration authorizations, check here.
What are the Changes?
The government of the Netherlands increased the minimum salary requirements for certain work permit holders.
The adjusted income requirements will remain valid until at least 30 June 2023, when they will be reviewed and adjusted if needed. Continue to check the government of the Netherlands’ website and Envoy’s website for the latest updates and information.
Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.