- The Netherlands introduced new salary threshold requirements and application fees on 1 January 2024
The government of the Netherlands introduced new blue card salary thresholds on 1 January 2024, and as a result, holders of the blue card must hold a gross base monthly salary of €6,245. The government also updated certain visa requirements, which include the following:
- Reducing the diploma evaluation requirement for ICT managers and professionals with three years of experience obtained within the past seven years.
- Reducing processing timelines for 30 days for recognized employer sponsors.
The Netherlands also introduced new visa application fee rates on 1 January 2024. These are the required amounts for 2024:
- Highly skilled migrants over 30 years of age: €5,331
- Highly skilled migrant under 30 years of age: €3,909
- Orientation year for highly educated migrants: €2,801
- European Blue Card: €6,245
For additional insights on these increases by visa category, check here.
Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at Corporate Immigration Partners, P.C., or another qualified professional of your choosing. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult your Envoy representative, or another qualified representative of your choosing.