Thailand Announces More Requirements for 90-Day Report Applications

Last Updated on February 23, 2023

Key Points

  • The Government of Thailand has announced additional requirements for 90-day reports
  • Applicants must provide additional accompanying documents with their 90-day reports if they authorize a representative to report on their behalf
  • Foreign workers must notify the government of stays that exceed 90 days
  • 90-day reports may be submitted 15 days before or up to 7 days after the report due date
  • Fines may be imposed for late reports


The Government of Thailand has added more requirements for 90-day report applications.

What are the Changes?

The Immigration Office at the One Stop Service Center (OSSC) is now requiring 90-day applications submitted to the OSSC to include certain documents if applicants authorize individuals to report on their behalf. The required documents include a valid power of attorney, a copy of a passport or ID card for the POA’s proxy and a copy of the work permit for the principal applicant, which is also required if the applicant submits the report.


Foreign nationals who are temporarily staying in Thailand to work must notify the Immigration Office if they plan to stay in the country for 90 days or more. Along with notifying authorities after their first 90 days of stay, foreign nationals must provide additional reports for every subsequent 90-day mark. Reports are generally accepted 15 days before the due date, and a seven-day grace period is generally permitted after the due date passes.

What Should Employers and Applicants Know?

Applications will be rejected if they do not include accompanying documentation. Additionally, failure to complete 90-day report on time may result in fines of up to THB 2,000 per person, per incident. Foreign nationals who are fined for failing to complete their 90-day report on time must pay their fines in person at the local immigration office.

Content in this publication is not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an Envoy-affiliated attorney or another qualified professional.