Taiwan: Entry-Exit Permit Amendments for Chinese Nationals  

Key Points  

  • Taiwan lifted the entry-exit permit amendment application process for some Intra-Company Transfers from mainland China 


The authorities of Taiwan introduced changes to its entry-exit permit (EEP) for nationals of China who hold an Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) permit. EEP holders are no longer required to submit amendment applications for mainland Chinese ICTs.  

However, if the travel reasons or duration of stay changes, EEP holders must apply for a new EEP to be allowed to stay in Taiwan for the new reasons and duration of stay. 

What are the Changes?  

The authorities of Taiwan updated its EEP for Chinese nationals with an ICT permit. The change means that EEP holders with mainland Chinese ICTs no longer need to apply for amendments. 

Looking Ahead  

Continue to check the authorities of Taiwan’s website and Envoy’s website for the latest updates and information. 

Subscribe to Envoy's Global Blog Digest

Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.