- South Korea will introduce a new resident permit card design on 1 April 2023
The government of South Korea will update its residence permit and permanent residence permit card designs on 1 April 2023. The redesign will include:
- Color photos rather than black and white photos;
- Enlarged photo size to improve visibility;
- Updated text alignment and new phone number location; and
- A QR code that can be used by officials to access additional information.
Old cards will remain valid until their specified expiration date, after which holders will be permitted to apply for a new card under the redesigned format.
What are the Changes?
On 1 April 2023, the South Korean government will be implementing new designs for their residence permit and permanent residence permit cards. These changes will include the use of color photos instead of black and white, larger photo sizes for improved visibility, updated text alignment and a relocated phone number, as well as the addition of a QR code that officials can scan to access more information.
Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.