- Saudi Arabia will implement new Saudization ratios for select businesses in the coming years
The government of Saudi Arabia will implement new Saudization ratios for select businesses in the coming years, resulting in the following changes.
- Private sector companies with three or more employees in project management roles must:
- Reach a Saudization ratio of 35% by 24 December 2023 and 40% by 12 December 2024.
- Introduce a minimum monthly salary of SAR 6,000 for workers in project management roles.
- Private sector companies with five or more employees in procurement roles must reach a Saudization ratio of 50% by 24 December 2023.
- Private sector companies with five or more employees in sales roles must reach a Saudization ratio of 15% by 24 December 2023.
For further information on these changes, check here.
What are the Changes?
Saudi Arabia introduced new Saudization ratios for the next two years. As a result, private sector companies in certain professions must achieve specific Saudization ratios by designated deadlines and comply with minimum salary requirements. Non-compliant employers will face penalties, including suspension of immigration and employment services.
Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.