Last Updated on April 25, 2023
- Qatar launched an online service for foreign nationals and employers, enabling qualified individuals to complete certain steps of the work permit and visa process online
The government of Qatar introduced a new online service for foreign nationals and employers related to the management of work permits and visas. The service includes digital application forms for the following:
- Requesting a work permit;
- Renewing a current work permit that remains valid for at least three months;
- Canceling a work permit;
- Obtaining a labor recruitment approval;
- Renewing the validity of a labor recruitment approval; and
- Amending a labor recruitment approval.
What are the Changes?
On 10 March 2023, the government of Qatar introduced new online services for aspects of the work permit and visa process. According to the announcement, this service is part of the government’s effort to digitize and streamline work services for foreign nationals in the country.
Continue to check the government of Qatar’s website and Envoy’s website for the latest updates and information.
Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.