New Zealand: Updates on Medical Certificate Requests for Certain Immigration Documents 

Last Updated on February 23, 2023

Key Points

  • The government of New Zealand released further information on medical certificate requests for foreign nationals applying for certain immigration document types  


The government of New Zealand updated its procedures for medical certificate requests. The government stated that foreign nationals applying for visitor visas, 2021 Resident visas, or an Accredited Employer Work Visa will only be required to provide proof of medical certificates if the government of New Zealand requests these documents.  

If an applicant is requested to provide proof of a medical certificate, applicants will be able to view the status of their application and document processing through the online application status checker. Once the application has been processed, the government will reach out if any further information is required.  

The applicant's status requesting a medical certificate may not change if the government also requires a New Zealand Police Certificate or a National Security Check. Once these documents have been collected and verified, the government will update the online status of the application.  

What are the Changes?  

The government of New Zealand provided further information on the medical certificate phase of certain immigration document types. According to the government, these efforts are aimed at reducing visa processing delays and clarifying requirements for foreign national applicants.  

Looking Ahead  

Continue to check the government of New Zealand’s website and Envoy’s website for the latest updates and information.  

Subscribe to Envoy's Global Blog Digest


Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.