- New Zealand will open a new Skilled Migrant Category (SMC) route on 9 October 2023
The government of New Zealand will open a new Skilled Migrant Category (SMC) route on 9 October 2023. The new SMC route utilizes a six-point skills assessment and does not hold a cap on the number of foreign nationals admitted each year. Qualified applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Are 55 years or younger at the time of application;
- Provide proof of meeting good health and character requirements;
- Meet any English language skill requirements;
- Under the employment of an accredited employer;
- Provide proof that the position being filled is a skilled role
For additional information on eligibility requirements, check here.
according to the announcement, final expressions of interest selections under the previous SMC route will continue until 16 August 2023.
What are the Changes?
The government of New Zealand will open a new SMC route on 9 October 2023. The government intends for the new route to provide foreign nationals with additional residence visa options.
Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.