Last Updated on December 12, 2023
- New Zealand will introduce additional electronic application options for a number of application types beginning at the end of January 2024
The government of New Zealand will introduce additional electronic application options for a number of application types beginning at the end of January 2024. These application types include:
- Permanent Resident Visa
- Second or Subsequent Resident Visa
- Variation of Travel Conditions of a resident visa
According to the government, these applications are submitted using paper forms, limiting an applicant’s ability to track the progress of their applications online. Moving to Immigration Online means applicants:
- Can check their application status online without having to call the INZ contact center and
- No longer have to submit physical documents, such as passports, which was a requirement for paper applications.
For additional information on eligibility requirements for these visa types, check here.
What are the Changes?
The government of New Zealand will introduce new online application forms for several immigration categories at the end of January 2024.
Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at Corporate Immigration Partners, P.C., or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult your Envoy representative or another qualified representative of your choosing.