Hong Kong: Updated Health Form for Inbound Travelers

Last Updated on February 23, 2023

Key Points  

  • The authorities of Hong Kong will introduce an updated electronic health declaration system that must be completed by all travelers prior to entering the jurisdiction  


The authorities of Hong Kong updated its electronic health declaration system for all travelers entering the jurisdiction starting 28 July 2022. All travelers entering Hong Kong will be required to complete an online Health and Quarantine Declaration form prior to arrival. After submitting the form, travelers will receive a QR code that is scanned prior to boarding a flight to Hong Kong. The QR code will remain valid for 96 hours and the form can be submitted three days prior to the scheduled arrival time in Hong Kong. Within the form, travelers will need to include information on vaccination status and designated quarantine hotel reservations.   

What are the Changes?  

Inbound travelers to Hong Kong will be required to submit a health declaration form through the Health and Quarantine Declaration system beginning 28 July 2022. The new system is expected to streamline the processing of arrival quarantine procedures according to the officials of Hong Kong. 

Looking Ahead  

Continue to check the authorities of Hong Kong’s website and Envoy’s website for the latest updates and information.  

For more news and insights from around the world, please sign up for Envoy’s Global Blog Digest, emailed to you every Wednesday morning. 

This article was published on 27 July 2022 and may not be the most recent update concerning COVID-19 entrance restrictions, testing requirements and quarantine measurers. For the most recent updates be sure to check our Global Mobility Resource Center.

Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.