- Hong Kong will require foreign nationals to complete certain steps of the application process online for pathways under the talent admission scheme beginning 2 April 2023
The authorities of Hong Kong introduced changes to the application submission process for four different pathways under the talent admission scheme. As a result, beginning 2 April 2023, applicants will be required to use an electronic service to submit visa and entry permit applications, along with requests to end the period of stay. The affected schemes include:
- The Quality Migrant Admission Scheme;
- The Technology Talent Admission Scheme;
- The Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates; and
- The Admission Scheme for the Second Generation of Chinese Hong Kong Permanent Residents.
There are no changes to the eligibility and approval criteria for these schemes. Applicants can also upload documents and check their application status online.
What are the Changes?
Beginning 2 April 2023, foreign nationals will be permitted to complete the application process for schemes under the talent admission pathway online. According to the authorities, the new online service will reduce the need for in-person appearances throughout the application process.
Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.