- Hong Kong will now require applicants for visas and entry permits to declare any past criminal records
As of 26 February 2023, the authorities of Hong Kong will require applicants for visa and entry permits to demonstrate proof of holding no criminal record. According to the announcement, this change will impact the following visa categories:
- The Top Talent Pass Scheme;
- The General Employment Scheme;
- The Scheme for Mainland Talent and Professionals;
- The Technology Talent Admission Scheme; and
- Immigration schemes for non-local graduates and second-generation Chinese-Hong-Kong permanent residence.
What are the Changes?
The authorities of Hong Kong introduced new requirements for the application process for visas and entry permits. Applicants are now required to provide proof of holding no criminal record during the application process.
Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.