Global Holiday Travel Guidance

With the holidays fast approaching, traveling internationally may be on your mind. Planning a trip is fun and exciting. However, foreign national employees and employers should note that there may be some immigration requirements to meet depending on the destination(s), including any transit travel through certain countries or regions. Check out our 2023 travel holiday travel guide here.


The government of Canada advised travelers to continue to check border entry times prior to traveling to the country. In addition, the government reminded travelers entering via the Toronto, Vancouver, Montréal, Winnipeg, Halifax, Québec City, Ottawa, Billy Bishop, Calgary and Edmonton international airports to complete an Advance Declaration.  


The government of Ireland issued a Travel Confirmation Notice to facilitate travel over the winter holidays better. As a result, travelers holding recently expired Irish Residence Permits (IRP) cards will be permitted to travel and re-enter the country until 31 January 2024 so long as they have submitted a renewal application before the current IRP card expires.  

Travelers holding a single-entry visa that has previously been stamped will require a visa to travel back to Ireland. 


The government of Denmark will close its call center from 22 December 2023 until 2 January 2024. The call center will be open again starting 3 January 2024. 


The Japanese government will close its regional immigration offices from 29 December 2023 to 3 January 2024. The immigration counter will not be open during this time, and according to the government, travelers should plan ahead to avoid delays.  


The government of Finland issued a reminder for those traveling during the holiday season. This includes submitting a travel notification to a Finnish embassy, acquiring health insurance and ensuring that all travel documents are up to date. 

Subscribe to Immigration News Alerts from Envoy

Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at Corporate Immigration Partners, P.C., or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult your Envoy representative or another qualified representative of your choosing