Last Updated on February 23, 2023
- The Croatian government has launched a new digital nomad work visa
- Applications are currently being accepted
- Foreign nationals may use the visa to stay in Croatia for one year
- The visa does not require local company sponsorship
- Applicants must provide proof of health insurance and a police clearance certificate
- The visa is designed to stimulate the local economy and draw long-term visitors to Croatia
The Croatian government has launched a new digital nomad visa that allows foreign nationals to stay in Croatia for up to one year. Applications are currently being accepted.
What are the Changes?
Foreign nationals may now be eligible for a temporary stay permit to visit Croatia. They are not required to obtain local company sponsorship, which is otherwise a requirement for all other Croatian work permits.
What Should Employers and Applicants Know?
Foreign remote workers are subject to the same requirements that apply for other temporary stay permit applications. They must submit a police clearance certificate, proof of health insurance, and other documents as requested.
The Croatian government has launched the new digital nomad visa in response to the unprecedented workplace flexibility resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, and as a way to boost the country’s economy and attract long-term visitors.
Content in this publication is not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an Envoy-affiliated attorney or another qualified professional.