- Colombia highlighted several digital tools that aim to accelerate aspects of the immigration and travel process
The government of Colombia implemented several digital tools that can be utilized throughout the immigration process. Some of these tools include:
- The Check-Mig system allows travelers to pre-load flight information 72 hours prior to travel.
- The Biomig system simplifies entry and exit from the country by allowing foreign nationals to register their iris into a system.
- To register for the Biomig system, you must present the following documents at one of the immigration control posts: Citizenship card or foreigner’s card, identity card (adolescents 12 to 18 years old), valid and current passport.
- The Migration Registration System is an online registration service for migrants entering and leaving the country to register their personal and travel information.
- Self-management kiosks are located at select airports and immigration control points where foreign nationals can register their information and carry out procedures such as visa applications or residence permit renewals.
For further information on these services, check here.
What are the Changes?
The government of Colombia published information on its online service options for foreign nationals. According to the government, these measures are expected to expedite certain steps of the immigration process.
Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.