Chile: Updated Entry Requirements 

Last Updated on February 23, 2023

Key Points 

  • New entry requirements for citizens and residents of Chile  
  • New entry requirements for foreign nationals entering Chile  


On Nov. 1, 2021, the government of Chili announced updated border measures.  

Foreign nationals entering Chile will be required to: 

Prior to Departure: 

After Arrival: 

  • Remain in isolation until a negative PCR test can be produced; 

Travelers are expected to transit directly from the point of entry to the declared address where the quarantine period will be completed. Travelers are also required to have proof of medical insurance with a minimum coverage of USD $30,000.  

Citizens and residents of Chile entering the country will be required to: 

Prior to Departure: 

  • Provide proof of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to departure; 
  • Submit a sworn affidavit at least 48 hours prior to departure; 

After Arrival: 

  • Hold a valid Mobility Pass; OR  
  • Complete a 7-day quarantine    

Nonresident foreign nationals will be allowed to enter Chile without a Mobility Pass under limited exemptions. For additional information concerning the Mobility Pass click here.  

What are the Changes? 

Chile’s international borders closed in March 2020 and have reopened and closed with several extensions since that time. This latest update reopens the country’s international borders and establishes entrance requirements for foreign nationals, residents and citizens of Chile.  

Looking Ahead 

Continue to check the government of Chile’s website and Envoy’s website for the additional information and updates. For information regarding COVID-19 entrance restrictions and permissions, click here.   

Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.