Chile: Updated COVID-19 Related Entrance Measures

Last Updated on February 23, 2023

Key Points 

  • Removal of negative PCR test requirement when entering Chile  


The government of Chile updated its entrance requirements on 14 April 2022 and introduced new alert levels for determining the requirements for entering the country. The government moved to alert level 1 and as a result, travelers will need to provide proof of:  

  • An electronic affidavit that must be completed within 48 hours of departure; and 

  • Foreign national travelers who are not a resident of Chile will need to provide proof of an international insurance policy with a minimum coverage of USD 30,000.  

For additional information, check here.  

What are the Changes?  

The government of Chile updated its entrance requirements. As of 14 April 2022, travelers will no longer be required to provide proof of a negative PCR test result prior to entering the country. Instead, travelers will be required to complete an electronic affidavit prior to travel and provide proof of health insurance. The government stated that this decision was made as a result of vaccination rates and decreased transmission rates throughout the country.  

Looking Ahead  

Continue to check the government of Chile’s government website and Envoy’s website for the latest updates and information. 


For more news and insights from around the world, please sign up for Envoy’s Global Blog Digest, emailed to you every Wednesday morning. 

This article was published on 25 April 2022 and may not be the most recent update concerning COVID-19 entrance restrictions, testing requirements and quarantine measurers. For the most recent updates be sure to check our Global Mobility Resource Center.

Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.