- The Quebec Experience Program (PEQ) application process will now be electronic
- All applications for permanent residency must be submitted online starting January 26, 2021
- The application system is transitioning from paper-based to fully electronic
- Paper applications will no longer be accepted
- The changes are designed to digitize Canada’s immigration system and reduce in-person contact
Individuals who are applying for permanent residency in Canada through the Quebec Experience Program can now apply online using the Arrima platform. The changes take effect on January 26, 2021.
What are the Changes?
The Quebec Experience Program application system is changing from a paper-based application process to an electronic application process.
Anyone seeking permanent residence status through the Quebec Experience Program (PEQ) must now apply online through the Arrima platform. Although applicants had the option to apply online starting in 2020, electronic applications will be required in 2021. Applicants previously had to apply on paper.
What Should Employers and Applicants Know?
The new electronic-based application system is designed to benefit employers and foreign nationals by decreasing document collection and processing times. The electronic-based system is also designed to minimize in-person contact during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The move to an online PEQ application system is part of the Canadian government’s broader plan to digitize the Canadian immigration system. The digitization transformation is designed to reduce in-person contact, expedite application review time, and accelerate immigration processes.
Content in this publication is not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an Envoy-affiliated attorney or another qualified professional.