Last Updated on March 2, 2023
- Canada will begin to accept Temporary Foreign Worker Program applications online beginning in April 2023
The government of Canada announced that it will transition the Temporary Foreign Worker Program application process online beginning in April 2023. As a result, applications will need to be completed through the Labour Market Impacted Assessment (LMIA) online portal. In general, applicants will be able to take the following actions through the online portal:
- submit an LMIA application 24 hours a day and seven days a week
- complete or return an LMIA application before submitting it to Service Canada
- upload supporting documents
- securely pay LMIA fees, if applicable
- get real-time updates on the status of your application
- view correspondence and decision letters issued by Service Canada
- review previously submitted applications
- access and follow the status of your application when a third-party representative is submitting an LMIA application on your behalf.
What are the Changes?
Beginning in April 2023, the Canadian government will shift the application process for the Temporary Foreign Worker Program online, requiring applicants to use the LMIA online portal.
Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.