Bulgaria: Updated COVID-19 Restrictions

Last Updated on February 23, 2023

Key Points  

  • Updated documents required for entrance 
  • Updated red zone list 


On 10 March 2022, the government of Bulgaria updated its COVID-19 travel restrictions. Under this update, travelers arriving from countries and regions within the green zone will be permitted to enter the country with proof of one of the following: 

  • A valid EU Digital COVID-19 vaccination certificate 
  • A valid EU Digital COVID-19 recovery certificate 
  • A valid EU Digital COVID-19 certificate providing proof of having tested negative for COVID-19;
    • To qualify, the individual must have taken a PCR test within 72 hours prior to entry or a rapid antigen test taken within 48 hours of entry. 
  • An equivalent document containing the same data as an EU Digital COVID-19 certificate. 

The government also updated the red zone of countries and regions with high COVID-19 transmission rates. This zone includes 66 countries and regions.  

What are the Changes? 

The government of Bulgaria updated its country and region classification lists. In addition, the government provided a list of documents that will be required in order to enter the country.  

Looking Ahead  

Continue to check the government of Bulgaria’s website and Envoy’s website for the latest updates and information. 

For more news and insights from around the world, please sign up for Envoy’s Global Blog Digest, emailed to you every Wednesday morning. 

This article was published on 15 March 2022 and may not be the most recent update concerning COVID-19 entrance restrictions, testing requirements and quarantine measurers. For the most recent updates be sure to check our Global Mobility Resource Center.

Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.