Last Updated on February 23, 2023
- The government of Belgium has implemented the European Union Intra-Company Transfer permit on 16 Dec. 2021
The government of Belgium will implement the European Union Intra-Company Transfer permit on 16 Dec. 2021. The EU ICT Permit will allow the intra-company transfer of managers, specialists and trainees from countries and regions outside of the European Union to enter Belgium for more than 90 days. The following individuals will be eligible to apply for the EU ICT Permit within Belgium beginning 16 Dec. 2021:
- Managers, specialists with a minimum of a higher education degree;
- Trainees with a university degree; and
- Have worked for a non-EU company for a minimum of three months in the Flanders and Walloon Regions or for six months in the Brussels region
- Main place of residence is outside of the EU when the application is made
What are the Changes?
The government of Belgium has implemented the European Union Intra-Company Transfer permit based on an EU Directive that harmonizes the regulations of EU member states and the transfer of select employees.
Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.