- The deadline to apply for Settlement in the U.K. is June 30, 2021, and the applicant must have been living in the U.K. before Dec. 31, 2020.
- Family members are able to apply as well.
- Applications require valid documents to prove identity and proof of residence in the U.K.
- The application is submitted through the "EU Exit: ID Document Check” app.
- Successful applications will receive either settled or pre-settled status, depending how long the applicant has been living in the U.K. at the time of the application.
- It is free to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme in the U.K.
- If applicants submit an application and believe they should have received pre-settled status rather than settled, an additional application can be submitted for free.
Content in this publication is not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an Envoy-affiliated attorney or another qualified professional.