There are many steps in creating a successful H-1B cap petition. One of the most important is collecting all the supporting documents needed to build a strong case. Here is a helpful checklist for HR and employees to get your petition started on the right track.
H-1B Cap Season Employee Documents
- Diploma (an English translation of the diploma, if applicable)
- Transcripts (an English translation of all transcripts, if applicable)
- Education evaluation
- Experience evaluation
- Job offer letter
For Employees who are Currently in the United States or were in the past:
- All previous Form I-797 Notice of Action notices
- All previous U.S. visa stamps and information defining the status the individual held during each period of stay
- All prior I-20 or DS-2019 forms (only applies to employees who have previously held F-1 or J-1 visa status)
- Most recent I-94 Arrival/Departure Record (required for any foreign national employee currently inside the United States)
Download the full H-1B cap season checklist.
Envoy is pleased to provide you this information, which was prepared in collaboration with Sara Herbek, who is the Managing Partner at Global Immigration Associates, P.C.(www.giafirm.com), Envoy’s affiliated law firm.