- The government has updated minimum wage levels for 2021
- Minimum wages will decrease nationwide to GEL 965
- The change affects all foreign workers in Georgia
- No restrictions apply for decreasing a worker’s minimum wage
- Some allowances may be included in minimum wage calculations
The Government of Georgia has announced new minimum wage levels for Georgia in 2021.
What are the Changes?
Minimum salary levels will decrease to GEL 965.
Who is Affected?
The change applies to all foreign workers in Georgia.
What Should Employers and Applicants Know?
There are no restrictions on reducing the salaries of foreign workers. However, the new minimum salary level must be met.
Employers should note that allowances and benefits can only be included in an employee’s minimum salary calculations if they are fix and guaranteed, not paid in kind, and specified in the employee’s contract. Vacation allowance is not a qualifying payment for minimum salary calculations.
Content in this publication is not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an Envoy-affiliated attorney or another qualified professional.