- Updated entrance requirements for eligible fully vaccinated visa holders
The government of Australia will allow eligible fully vaccinated visa holders to enter Australia without needing to apply for a travel exemption beginning 1 Dec. 2021. A list of eligible visa holders can be found here.
These travelers must be:
- Fully vaccinated with a completed dosage of a vaccine approved or recognized by Australia's Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA);
- Provide proof of their vaccination status;
- Hold a valid visa for one of the eligible visa subclasses; and
- Present a negative COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test taken within three days of departure
Travelers will also be required to comply with the quarantine requirements in the state or territory of their arrival.
What are the Changes?
The government of Australia will allow eligible fully vaccinated visa holders to enter the country beginning 1 Dec. 2021 with a quarantine requirement. This will allow more skilled workers to return to Australia.
Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.
Enter content here