This article was originally published on 13 January 2023 and was updated on 26 January 2023 to reflect new information.
26 January 2023 Update: The government of the United Kingdom (UK) published further information regarding processing fees for passport applications submitted by overseas persons. The following fees will apply for overseas applications:
- The fee for a standard online application when applying from overseas for a UK passport will rise from £86 to £94 for adults, and from £56 to £61 for children
- Overseas standard paper applications will increase from £95.50 to £104.50 for adults, and from £65.50 to £71.50 for children
The United Kingdom will increase passport application processing fees on 2 February 2023
The government of the United Kingdom (UK) will introduce new passport fees for all applications on 2 February 2023. The fee increases will include the following:
- The fee for a standard online application made from within the UK will rise from £75.50 to £82.50 for adults and £49 to £53.50 for children
- Postal applications will increase from £85 to £93 for adults and £58.50 to £64 for children
- Priority service fees are being aligned so all customers will pay the same
What are the Changes?
The government of the UK will increase passport application fees on 2 February 2023. According to the government announcement, this will be the first time in five years that application fees for passports have increased and noted that the increase is expected to reduce the department’s reliance on funding from general taxes.
Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.
OISC registration number F202000157
About the AuthorMore Content by Jessie Butchley