The government of Turkey introduced new monthly minimum wage requirements for foreign nationals beginning 1 July 2022
The government of Turkey updated its monthly minimum wage requirements on 1 July 2022. Sponsoring employers must meet the following requirements:
- Gross minimum monthly wage: 6,471.00 Turkish Lira (TRY)
- Net minimum monthly wage: 5,500.00 TRY
The minimum salary requirements differ based on position:
- High level managers must be paid 6.5 times the minimum wage (42,61.00 TRY gross per month).
- Department managers and engineers or architects cannot be paid less than four times the minimum wage (25,884.00 TRY gross per month).
- Positions requiring expertise must be paid three times the minimum wage (19,413.00 TRY gross per month).
- All others (for example: sales officer, low level marketing officer) must be paid 1.5 times the minimum wage (9,706.50 TRY gross per month).
Salary requirements must continue to be met throughout the validity of the work permit.
What are the Changes?
The government of Turkey introduced new monthly minimum wage requirements on 1 July 2022. Minimum salary requirements will vary depending on the position of the foreign national employee.
For more news and insights from around the world, please sign up for Envoy’s Global Blog Digest, emailed to you every Wednesday morning.
Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.
About the AuthorMore Content by Jessie Butchley