- The minimum monthly wage will be raised to 4,253.40 Turkish Lira
The government of Turkey announced the new minimum salary requirements for work permit holders. The net minimum monthly wage for 2022 will be raised to 4,253.40 Turkish Lira (TRY). The minimum salary requirements differ based on position:
- High level managers: must be paid six times the minimum wage for a total of 32,536 TRY per month;
- Department managers and engineers: must be paid four times the minimum wage for a total of 20,016 TRY per month;
- Positions requiring expertise: must be paid three times the minimum wage for a total of 15,012 TRY per month ;
- All other (i.e., sale officer, low level marketing officer): must be paid 1.5 times the minimum wage for a total of 7,506 TRY per month
What are the Changes?
The government of Turkey has raised its minimum wage for 2022 by around 50 percent.
Content in this publication is for informational purposes only and not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an attorney at one of the two U.S. Law Firms working with the Envoy Platform or another qualified professional. On non-U.S. immigration issues, consult an Envoy global immigration service provider or another qualified representative.