- Foreign nationals seeking to sponsor dependents in Sweden must show proof of income to support both themselves and the dependent
- Housing must be large enough for the primary applicant to reside with all dependents
- The current 2021 monthly income requirements are:
- Single adults: 5,016 SEK
- Spouses or partners that live together: 8,287 SEK
- Children 6 and under: 2,662 SEK
- Children 7 and above: 3,064 SEK
The Swedish Migration Authority announced that new financial requirements must be met to sponsor dependents in the country.
What are the Changes?
Income requirements for employees seeking to sponsor dependents for a residence permit. These changes do not impact anyone who already holds a permit.
Employers should consider the income requirements for employees seeking to bring dependent family members to Sweden.
Content in this publication is not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an Envoy-affiliated attorney or another qualified professional.