- The new national minimum wage is EUR 1,024 gross per month in Slovenia for 2021
- New minimum wages are an 8.0% increase from 2020
- 2021 minimum wage levels apply to initial, current, and pending applications
- Benefits and allowances may not be included in minimum wage calculations
- Employees must be compensated in EUR or the equivalent minimum wage level
In 2021, the new nationwide minimum wage level in Slovenia is EUR 1,024 gross per month.
What are the Changes?
The new national minimum wage is an 8.9% increase from the previous minimum wage in 2020.
Who is Affected?
The change applies to all foreign nationals.
What Should Employers and Applicants Know?
Foreign workers must be compensated at a rate comparable to a local worker in the same position.
New 2021 minimum wage levels apply to initial, current, and pending applications.
Benefits and allowances are not permitted in minimum salary calculations.
Employees must be compensated in EUR or at the equivalent minimum wage level, as calculated in EUR, regardless of payroll location.
Content in this publication is not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an Envoy-affiliated attorney or another qualified professional.