There are many steps in creating a successful H-1B Person in Specialty Occupation cap petition. One of the most important is collecting all the supporting documents needed to build a strong case. Here is a helpful checklist for HR and employees to get your petition started on the right track.
H-1B Cap Season Employee Documents
- Diploma (an English translation of the diploma, if applicable)
- Transcripts (an English translation of all transcripts, if applicable)
- Education evaluation
- Experience evaluation
For Employees who are Currently in the United States or were in the past:
- All previous Form I-797 Notice of Action notices
- All previous U.S. visa stamps and information defining the status the individual held during each period of stay
- All prior I-20 or DS-2019 forms (only applies to employees who have previously held F-1 or J-1 visa status)
- Most recent I-94 Arrival/Departure Record (required for any foreign national employee currently inside the United States)
Download the full H-1B cap season checklist.