- UK nationals who are living in Greece must apply for a residence permit to stay there in 2021
- The requirements apply to all UK nationals living in Greece through December 31, 2020
- Greek residence permits have a five-year validity for individuals who do not apply for permanent residence status
- Greek residence permits have a 10-year validity for individuals who apply for permanent residence status
- Applicants do not need to be physically located in Greece to apply for permanent residence
- Biometrics should be collected on the same day that the residence application is submitted
UK nationals who are currently living in Greece or who move there before December 31, 2020 must apply for a Greek residence permit to continue living there in 2021.
What Should Employers and Applicants Know?
Greek residence permits have a validity of five years for individuals who do not apply for permanent residence status. The residence permit validity is extended to 10 years for individuals who apply for permanent residence status.
Applicants do not have to be in Greece to apply for a residence permit. However, applicants are advised to take a biometrics test when they submit their residence application.
Additional information will be provided as available on the supporting documentation required for Greek residence permit applications.
Content in this publication is not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an Envoy-affiliated attorney or another qualified professional.
About the AuthorMore Content by Lucy Halse