The Envoy immigration management platform recently migrated to “the cloud” and, while the improvements to our system may not be visible, the differences are a big deal to you.
What is the cloud?
In common speak, it’s essentially a physical infrastructure maintained by a third-party provider and available for use as a virtual infrastructure. There are many advantages to the cloud, including:
- Agility: Using the cloud allows us to ramp servers up and down in minutes, compared to days or weeks with traditional infrastructures. This ensures the web application is working at optimal speed during peak usage times.
- Availability: The web application is now backed up on multiple servers in different locations, which makes certain the application is always accessible to users.
- Security: The security of your sensitive data is important to us. We chose a cloud provider, Microsoft Azure, that has built-in security and privacy measures at every step. You can find out more about all of our security measures here.
Why is this important to your immigration program?
- As H-1B cap season nears, the number of users managing their accounts on our web application will increase. In the past, the influx had the potential to slow down the web application’s speed. Now as the number of users on our platform rises, we can adapt to the changes easily without impacting customers.
- Data storage: Our cloud provider has hundreds of terabytes of data storage space, ensuring your information is always safely archived in our system.
If you haven’t experienced the Envoy platform, sign up for a free account to explore the process.