- The Expert Bureau is now using a new online system for foreign work permit applications
- The Bureau will use the MOST Service Platform as the government integrates processes
- Employers must register and verify their accounts to proceed with a work permit application
- The former work permit application system is no longer available
- Processing delays should be anticipated with the transition to the new system
The Expert Bureau in China will use a new online portal through the Ministry of Science and Technology’s (MOST) Service Platform to integrate processing of foreign nationals’ work permit applications with other government services.
What are the Changes?
Effective immediately, employers must register and submit work permit applications for foreign nationals using the new MOST platform. The previous online platform used by the Expert Bureau is no longer available.
No changes have been made to the work permit application itself, only the method in which it must be submitted.
What Should Employers and Applicants Know?
Employers must register and provide supporting information, such as a contact person and contact information for the company’s legal representative, to verify their accounts. Account registration and verification is required before the employer can complete the foreign national’s online application.
The transition to the new online portal may cause delays in the registration and verification process.
Content in this publication is not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an Envoy-affiliated attorney or another qualified professional.