- New minimum wage levels have been announced for 2021
- The new national minimum wage level is ALL 30,000 gross per month
- The new wage levels affect current, new, and renewal applications
- Foreign workers must receive the market salary rate for their position
- Some benefits and allowances count towards minimum salary calculations
- Employees must be compensated in ALL
- Applicants must provide proof of sufficient funds to cover living expenses
The Albanian government has issued new minimum wages for 2021.
What are the Changes?
The Albanian national minimum wage is now ALL 30,000 gross per month in 2021.
Who is Affected?
The new minimum wage requirements apply to all current permit holders, along with all new and renewal applications as of January 1, 2021.
What Should Employers and Applicants Know?
Foreign employees must be compensated at the market salary rate for their proposed position at a rate that is no less than ALL 30,000.
Benefits and allowances can only be included in the worker’s minimum salary calculations if they are fixed and guaranteed, specified in the worker’s employment contract, and not paid in kind.
Employers must compensate their foreign workers in ALL, regardless of exchange rate fluctuations and payroll location. Employers should also note that the salary must cover the cost of living for the foreign worker and dependents, if applicable. Applicants must provide bank statements along with their residence permit application to show that they have sufficient funds for their living expenses.
Content in this publication is not intended as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. For additional information on the issues discussed, consult an Envoy-affiliated attorney or another qualified professional.